Congratulations for your new car! Now, the first step after buying a car is to get the car insurance done since it is compulsory to have the car insurance by law and also because it will cover your car against all mishaps and keep you and your car safe. Choosing a car insurance policy may be a tough decision for your, which policy to choose, which company to choose, what coverage should be taken Third Party v/s Comprehensive etc. etc. Here we help you with choosing the right policy for your car.
There are basically two type’s insurance policies. One is third party cover and the other is comprehensive car insurance. Let us compare Third Party v/s Comprehensive to help you identify which one is better.
This type of car insurance policy gives coverage against third party damage, injury and even death. This is a minimum have policy in India by law under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. This covers and protect the people injured by your four wheeler. However, this policy only covers the personal injury to the people who were found injured by your car accident, but does not cover any damage done to your car or someone else’s car.
Comprehensive Car insurance
A comprehensive car insurance policy covers your four wheeler against the damages done to your car due to accident, natural calamity, theft, fire, and third party. This kind of insurance policy includes the third party coverage too. This type of policy is more popular and is preferred by the people because it gives more coverage. If you compare Third Party v/s Comprehensive, this policy will cost you more than the third party cover but since it offers end-to-end coverage, it will ensure a lesser burden on you at the time of mishap.
If we compare Third Party v/s Comprehensive, there are many benefits of buying a comprehensive car insurance policy, such as:
- This kind of policy gives you protection against the natural calamities such as hurricane, cyclone, tornado, earthquake, flood If your four wheeler has fallen prey to the result of one of these natural disasters, you don’t have to worry as the insurance company will bear your losses.
- Sometimes when your four wheeler is parked under a tree or under a lamp post and the damage is caused due to falling objects like a heavy fruit or electrical appliance, it may seriously damage your car. The comprehensive car insurance policy gives you a coverage against the falling objects.
- The city may experience some terrorist activities and riots, and under these circumstances the damage may be done to your car. This kind of policy will give you coverage against civil disturbances and fire etc.
- Theft is the most common mishap and one of the prime reasons to buy a car insurance other than the legal reason. Nothing can be more heart breaking that losing out something that is so expensive. But with a comprehensive car insurance policy, you just don’t have to worry.
- The comprehensive car insurance policy also covers the Glass damage such as a broken windshield.
- When you are driving in a rural area or may be your four wheeler is just parked at one of the places and the animal like buffalo or a bulky bird comes and hits your car, the comprehensive car insurance policy will bear the losses and will cover the damages done by the animal or a bird
- This policy already includes the first type of insurance policy – the third party. Hence you are also insured in case of third party loss or damage.
In the end, while making a car insurance purchase, remember the above mentioned points about comprehensive car insurance. They will help you make the right decision about the insurance policy you should by for your car, depending upon the coverage you absolutely need. A comprehensive car insurance policy is ultimately the best way to insure your car for the worst of times.
To know more about comprehensive car insurance click here.