That was 2020
How properly do you bear in mind the year? These will examination your memory
one. What car was crowned Auto Categorical Car of the 12 months 2020?
2. In August, BMW announced that it was including what new model to its legendary M3 assortment?
- a. A Touring edition
- b. An all-electric powered edition
- c. A seven-seat MPV edition
3. In September, Renault unveiled a new coupé-SUV that will strike the British isles up coming year. What will it be called?
- a. Mégane Grande
- b. Marseille
- c. Arkana
four. In the to start with episode of the new series of the Good British Bake Off, what form of vehicle did contestant Linda attempt to make from cake?
- a. Ambulance
- b. JCB excavator
- c. Environment Rally Car or truck
five. Rolls-Royce disclosed information of its restricted-edition Dawn Silver Bullet in August. How a lot of will be manufactured?
6. What automotive newcomer called time on its electric car task in June?
- a. Ineos
- b. Dyson
- c. Virgin
seven. What classic American SUV received a placing reboot in July?
- a. Cadillac Escalade
- b. Ford Bronco
- c. GMC Syclone
eight. In June, automotive publisher Haynes disclosed that income of one particular unique workshop manual experienced enhanced by one,600 per cent throughout 2020. What subject matter did it protect?
- a. Chicken holding
- b. How to create a nuclear bunker
- c. Ford Fiesta Mk2
9. In May, Tobias Moers took more than as CEO of what automotive model?
- a. Aston Martin
- b. BMW
- c. Skoda
ten. In April, Volvo announced that it would restrict the prime pace of its new types to what figure?
- a. 180mph
- b. 112mph
- c. 72mph
Test your motorsport knowledge with these previous and existing mind teasers
11. Formula A single celebrated which milestone in 2020?
- a. The 2,000th Formula A single race
- b. The seventieth anniversary of the to start with Environment Championship race
- c. The a hundredth time a silver car has gained the to start with five races of a season
12. Why is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway acknowledged as the ‘Brickyard’?
- a. The to start with Indy five hundred race was gained by Gleeson Bartenburger II, operator of a nearby brick factory
- b. It was paved with bricks in 1909
- c. Early IndyCars have been acknowledged as ‘bricks’
13. In 2021, which previous Formula A single environment winner will return to drive for the Alpine F1 staff?
- a. Fernando Alonso
- b. Jenson Button
- c. Jacques Villeneuve
fourteen. The 2020 Formula E Championship concluded with 6 rounds at which location?
- a. London Docklands, British isles
- b. Monza, Italy
- c. Tempelhof Airport, Germany
15. Which company gained the 2020 Le Mans 24 Hours?
- a. Audi
- b. Toyota
- c. Porsche
sixteen. What will the Racing Level Formula A single staff be rebranded as in 2021?
- a. Aston Martin Racing
- b. Force Canada Racing
- c. Red Bull Juniors
seventeen. What event appeared on the Environment Rally Championship calendar for the to start with time in 2020?
- a. Rally Kazakhstan
- b. Rally Estonia
- c. Rally Slovakia
eighteen. How a lot of instances has Sebastian Vettel gained the Formula A single Environment Driver’s Championship?
- a. Two times
- b. 4 instances
- c. 6 instances
19. Which MotoGP star broke his arm at the to start with race of the 2020 season in Spain?
- a. Marc Marquez
- b. Valentino Rossi
- c. Andrea Dovizioso
twenty. The Ford RS200, MG Metro 6R4 and Lancia Delta S4 competed in which rally group of the eighties?
- a. Group A
- b. Group B
- c. Group C
Car or truck culture
How properly do you know your automotive film and tv stars?
21. What car did David Hasselhoff’s character, Michael Knight, drive in the eighties Television series Knight Rider?
- a. Mercedes SL
- b. Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- c. Ferrari Testarossa
22. In the 1984 movie Ghostbusters, what was the Cadillac Miller-Meteor better acknowledged as?
- a. The Buster
- b. Ecto-one
- c. Spenglerwagon
23. In series ten of Control Your Enthusiasm, what car does guide character Larry David drive?
24. What car is found abandoned by the survivors in US Television series Shed?
- a. Lamborghini Countach
- b. Volkswagen Style 2 bus
- c. DMC DeLorean
25. Tommy Cannon and the late Bobby Ball bought matching cars at the peak of their fame. What did they opt for?
- a. Gold Rolls-Royce Silver Shadows
- b. Bronze Proton Jumbucks
- c. Silver Lexus LS 400s
26. John Carpenter’s 1983 film edition of the Stephen King e-book Christine highlighted a possessed what?
- a. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
- b. 1958 Plymouth Fury
- c. 1972 Ferrari Daytona
27. Which of these cars is in the up coming Bond movie No Time to Die?
28. In��the BBC Television exhibit Detectorists, what car does Toby Jones’s character Lance drive?
29. The Citroen Xsara Picasso is the chosen car of which character in British isles Television comedy Gavin and Stacey?
- a. Mick Shipman
- b. Uncle Bryn
- c. Dave Coaches
30. Actors Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor starred in a new vacation documentary in 2020, but what motorbikes did they experience through South The us?
- a. BMW R1200 GS Adventures
- b. Harley-Davidson Livewires
- c. Triumph Scramblers
Can you detect the lacking words from these rates?
31. “A _______ is a horse built by committee” – Sir Alec Issigonis
- a. zebra
- b. camel
- c. bike
32. “Chop your very own __________ and it will heat you twice” – Henry Ford
- a. arm off
- b. wooden
- c. onions
33. “______________ are for people who can not create engines” – Enzo Ferrari
- a. Gearboxes
- b. Turbochargers
- c. Aerodynamics
34. “Money may well not get happiness, but I’d rather cry in a ___________ than on a bus” – Françoise Sagan
- a. Jaguar
- b. Citroen DS
- c. Renault four
35. “Quality is remembered lengthy soon after the _________ is forgotten” – Sir Henry Royce
- a. wait around
- b. price tag
- c. argument
36. “I imagine the circumstances in those people cars are fully _____________” – Murray Walker
- a. unimaginable
- b. condit
- c. whole
37. “Being an entrepreneur is like having _________ and staring into the abyss of death” – Elon Musk
- a. a hen balti
- b. a coyote
- c. glass
38. “Success is 99 per cent ________” – Soichiro Honda
- a. financial commitment
- b. failure
- c. bluffable
39. “With that sort of dexterity, I reckon Alonso could get a task driving a ________ spherical the M25” – Martin Brundle
- a. Transit
- b. minicab
- c. hearse
40. “Designers imagine everything performed by anyone else is awful, and that they could do it better themselves, which clarifies why I built my very own _____________” – Chris Bangle
- a. bicycle
- b. living home carpet
- c. toaster
The question is the response
Only one particular of the statements is right – can you guess which one particular?
41. The Trabant…
- a. Was originally crafted in the Volkswagen ID.3 factory in Zwickau
- b. Gained the Estonian Car of the 12 months title in 1980 and 1982
- c. Was the silver-medal prize at the 1980 Moscow Olympics
forty two. A Skoda Octavia vRS 2. TSI…
- a. Was the millionth Skoda crafted at Kvasiny in 2020
- b. Broke the Land Velocity Document for a supercharged generation car in 2011
- c. Was to start with prize on the final broadcast episode of Bullseye
forty three. 1972 was…
- a. The year Formula A single environment winner Lewis Hamilton was born
- b. The year in which BMW crafted its to start with electric powered auto
- c. The year a switch to driving on the proper was proposed by Parliament
44. Emu feathers…
- a. Are utilized to brush Jaguars prior to they are painted to make certain they do not catch the attention of dust
- b. Ended up utilized by TVR to set panel gaps on the Griffith
- c. Ended up an selection provided on the 1960s Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
45. Irish Inexperienced…
- a. Was the code name utilized by DMC for the DeLorean
- b. Was the colour of the one particular millionth 911 to roll off the generation line
- c. Was the nickname supplied to Eddie Irvine by mechanics when he drove for Ferrari
46. £471 is the…
- a. Common cost of annual car insurance in the British isles in 2019
- b. Price of a new Mini when it was introduced in 1959
- c. Official price tag of a new set of tyre dust caps for a Lamborghini Huracán
47. Watford Hole was…
- a. The filming place of the final scene of The Cannonball Run
- b. The web-site of the to start with Tesla Supercharger in the British isles
- c. The to start with motorway companies opened in the British isles in 1959
48. A fridge…
- a. Was originally scripted to be the time-travelling product in the movie Back again to the Long term prior to producers opted for a DeLorean
- b. Brought on the 2018 Detroit Motor Present to be cancelled when one particular caught fireplace and burned down the exhibition corridor
- c. Was utilized by Vauxhall to replicate the weight of rear seat travellers throughout endurance screening
forty nine. Soya beans have been…
- a. Applied by Lada as seat filling throughout the great foam lack of 1963
- b. An ingredient utilized by Henry Ford to create a prototype car entire body in 1941
- c. Frequently soaked in chlorobenzine to give a new car scent by sellers
- a. Was the precise range of Sierra Cosworth RS500s crafted by Ford (Tickford crafted the remaining 499)
- b. Was the initial name for the car that became the Ford Ka
- c. Was the range of Formula A single Environment Championship titles gained by Sir Stirling Moss
Cryptic car names
Can you work out the car company names from these cryptic descriptions?
fifty one. First on the grid shines in the night sky (eight)
fifty two. River crossing the road (four)
fifty three. Tiny (four)
54. Grab one particular when you want to get the weight off your feet (four)
fifty five. Inexperienced and pleasurable for Roy’s fictional football staff (four,five)
fifty six. April’s month-to-month successor satisfies Johann Sebastian’s final (seven)
57. Clever (five)
58. Abbreviated qualified with one,016kg (6)
fifty nine. Coventry’s colossal cat (6)
sixty. Coil’s properly that finishes properly for Nikola (five)
Go again in time to obtain the solutions to these motoring puzzlers
61. Who founded Italian car company Alfa Romeo in 1910?
- a. Nicola Romeo
- b. Alessandro Alfa
- c. Marika Romano
62. What car did Ford create as the substitute for the Product T?
- a. Product V
- b. Product A
- c. Product Y
63. In what year did British Leyland launch the Austin Maestro hatchback?
sixty four. Dante Giacosa is credited with the design of which Italian car, which is now regarded as a classic?
- a. Alfa Romeo Spider
- b. Lamborghini Countach
- c. Fiat Nuova five hundred
sixty five. Alexander Wilson founded which British car business in 1857?
- a. Bentley
- b. Vauxhall
- c. Bristol
66. In what year was Spanish car maker SEAT shaped?
67. Comotor was an ill-fated 1960s joint undertaking in between which two car brands to create engines?
- a. BMW and Alfa Romeo
- b. Citroen and NSU
- c. Lada and Skoda
68. Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher set up which popular tuning home in Burgstall, Germany, in 1967?
69. The T360 was the to start with four-wheeled item crafted by which global car model?
- a. Honda
- b. Suzuki
- c. Triumph
70. In what year did Nissan launch the to start with-generation Leaf?
Can you name the fourth component to full the chain?
seventy one. Heston–Reading–Chieveley–? (Clue: Rest going west)
- a. Keele
- b. Membury
- c. Leicester Forest East
72. W213–W212–W211–W210–? (Clue: E-asy does it, Karl)
seventy three. Greening–McLoughlin–Grayling–? (Clue: What a condition we’re in)
- a. Johnson
- b. Hancock
- c. Shapps
74. Sainte Dévote–Beau Rivage–Massenet–? (Clue: The quarter monte)
- a. Anthony Noghes
- b. Casino
- c. Mirabeau
75. S–X–3–? (Clue: Elon’s timecode)
- a. Y
- b. Cybertruck
- c. Roadster 2
76. Grey–Black–White–? (Clue: Shady selections for 2019 Brits)
seventy seven. F430–458–488–? (Clue: Italian exotic through the yrs)
seventy eight. Lewis–Sebastian–Lewis–? (Clue: House winners)
seventy nine. Red–red and amber–green–? (Clue: Have you bought a good sign?)
- a. Inexperienced and amber
- b. Amber
- c. Red and amber
80. Oxford–Marina–Ital–? (Clue: Brits in the household way)
Can you detect the generation car from its progress code name?
- a. Jaguar F-Style
- b. Ford Fiesta Mk1
- c. Panther Kallista
82. ADO15 ‘Orange Box’
- a. Morris Mini-Minor
- b. Fiat Uno
- c. Austin Maxi
eighty three. Undertaking Jay
- a. Bentley Azure
- b. MGF
- c. Rover 200 Coupé
- a. Jaguar E-Style
- b. Lotus Evora
- c. Caterham 21
- a. Aston Martin Valkyrie
- b. McLaren P1
- c. Land Rover Freelander
- a. Austin Westminster
- b. Ford Cortina Mk1
- c. Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
Location the element
Can you detect all these new cars from their shots?
Finished? Now click on in this article for the solutions…
Check out out the rest of our 2020 spherical-up below…